Being smart in using your hard earned cash is important so if you have no idea where you should start, here are 5 useless things to stop wasting your money on. This may not seem like much but if the amount you have saved accumulates, it may be able to help you with your day to day living expenses.
For most people, this is true: IT IS SO HARD TO SAVE. Do you agree with this? If you are new to saving and budgeting, it really requires a certain amount of conscious effort, doesn’t it? You would have to plan what expenses you are willing to cut off. Here are five things that you should consider:
- EXPENSIVE COFFEE. Find a cheaper alternative that will satisfy you. Do you really need to get a grande from Starbucks everyday? Go around your city and check out the quaint looking cafés. Their coffee won’t be as expensive as a Starbucks coffee but it could taste the same or even better. Another solution would be for you to make your own coffee. You know what you like. How sweet do you want it? How much cream do you put in? If you make your own coffee, you can adjust the taste however you like and you might even save a few dollars for it. If you have no idea how to go about making your own brewed coffee, you can search online (hint: Youtube) or befriend the barista at your local Starbucks outlet. This really helps especially if you drink more than one cup of coffee a day.
- BOTTLED WATER. Here in our city, a 2 gallon mineral water costs around the same as a 500 ml mineral water that you can get from convenience stores. Why do people buy bottle water? They are convenient but they are also pricey for such a little amount. If you want to save up, why don’t you start carrying your own bottle of water? Personally, I bought a 1L tumbler to put water in so I could bring it around instead of buying 2 to 3 bottles of mineral water.
- BRANDED ITEMS. We like our brands. A good brand is like a good investment but there are some brands or products from a certain brand that are so unnecessary. A watch – no matter what the brand is – will always tell the time if the battery is good. If you are just an average person, do you really need a watch that is water waterproof for 6,000 meters? Most likely, you just need a watch thats water resistant from the rain. Branded clothes are nice, but let’s keep in mind that if an expensive dress or shirt doesn’t look good on you… it won’t look good on you no matter what the brand is. In the end, if you are confident even if you wear a potato sack, you will always look good. As they say, having a shabby looking bag with $1,000 inside is better than having a bag worth $1,000 with nothing inside.
- INTERESTS FROM BILLS OR ADDITIONAL FEE FOR PAYING LATE. I’m sure those with credit cards can relate to this. Pay your dues on time to avoid an increase in the interest rate. A high interest rate can be heavy on you if you have to pay it every now and then. Instead of having an extra $200 for your leisure and vacation, you might need to postpone it because of your interest. Doesn’t that just suck? To avoid this, set a reminder a week ahead the due date, then another reminder three days before, another one on the day before, and finally another one on the day just to be sure you won’t forget. With that many alarms, I’m sure you won’t forget.
- CABLE TV. Personally, I’ve already given this up and I don’t feel like I am missing anything. Every thing is on the internet anyway. If you subscribe to Netflix, you’ll be able to watch your shows at a lesser monthly fee. Not to mention the free websites that provide online streaming. CNN and other popular news channels have Facebook pages that provide live updates on what’s happening all over the world. Not to mention that there’s also Twitter! The need for cable TV is going down and so will your monthly expenses if you’re going to be smart about it.
Well, those are five things that you can give up (if you can) in order to save some money and maybe use them for something else that you’ll enjoy. These little savings may not mean much but they could help in giving a hand in making your dream vacation come true or finally buy that car you like.
What do you think of the five things that we have listed here? What more can you add?
If you liked this article and you want more, you can always subscribe to us here at Kendrickksuperstarryoungg to get your fix of interesting and helpful tips. Questions? You can leave a comment below or send us a message. Don’t forget to share this list with your friends as they may find this helpful as well as you did. Have an awesome weekend!