Some people believe that music is able to change the mood of a person, change the atmosphere in a tension filled room, and is the cure for their heartaches. Since the olden days, as Peppa Pig likes to say, music has already been a huge part of human society. Of course their music before isn’t as techy as the EDM tunes we hear and dance to today. EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music, by the way. Our ancestors have long enjoyed banging their tools on rocks, wood, and whatever else they can find to make a beat. During the Victorian era, people have danced to live music being played by live bands during their get together.
Here are some noteworthy benefits of listening to music:
- Reduces your stress. Have you ever been in a situation where you feel frustrated? Overwhelmed? And you can’t continue on doing your tasks for the day or the week? And then you thought of putting on a little bit of music, and suddenly you feel lighter and more energetic?Have you noticed that dentists put on background music while they work on your teeth?
- Improves your memory. Now, this is a case to case basis. Personally I don’t like having music on when I’m studying. I prefer having complete silence or white background noise. However, music helps us remember moments, and can help us focus on a task at hand. Of course, your choice of music genre also has an effect. Classical tunes are usually great to focus concentration.
- Improves exercise. Turn on the music when you are doing exercise and you’ll last longer. Turn on the music when you are cleaning the house and soon, you’ll find it enjoyable and you won’t even notice that you’re almost done.
- Eases pain. I think this is because music allows you to relax, and your mind has something else to focus on aside from the pain that you are feeling.
- Gives you comfort. Have you heard of music therapy? Music is also used in some art therapies. Music can help a person express their feelings of fear, being lonely, or anger trapped inside their hearts. Music is also great for geriatric patients who just want to relax and not feel like they are alone.
With that said, let me present to you songs that you can add to your playlist!
For those who enjoy HIP HOP, you may want to listen to my song. Yes, a shameless plug but worthily so! JUST DO IT by Kendrickk Superstarr Youngg is about achieving your dreams.
“Cause dreams stay dreams if we just sit around
No use trying to redeem
We’re all stuck on the ground.”
Next if you want something relaxing, cute, and easy to listen to, bareface’s Cup Of Coffee. You’ve probably heard this song before, but it’s definitely also something you should put in your playlist.
If you are looking for something old school, Daryl Hall and John Oates You Make My Dream Come True is fun, perky, and can definitely get you dancing or in the least, snapping your fingers to the beat.
And finally, More Colors by Kidwaste featuring Chelsea Cutler. It’s relaxing, and you can work on your tasks with this playing in the background. It’s great for travel vlogs too, I believe.
If you want to listen to something for date night, romantic songs are always the best. Feel like you and your lover are in Titanic with Celine Dion’s My Heart Will Go On. Oldie but Goldie!
Maroon 5 is always a good idea! If you’re in doubt and having a bad day, Maroon 5 is a great band to pick your mood up! I once got through a rough spot by continually listening to Maroon 5’s Payphone over and over again. But, here’s a newer song from them.
Now, you may not be feeling some of the songs in this short list but that’s totally understandable. As humans we have our own tastes and preferences however the songs here are definitely worth checking and giving a second chance if you already heard them before. Have a great day and enjoy listening!