Nowadays, more and more people are giving skin care attention and one of the spotlights is (and has always been) on Korean Skin Care. There is just something different with how Asians care for their skin. Meticulous and routine; those who aren’t dedicated to it will quickly lose interest. Have you heard of the Korean 10 Step Skin Care? Yes, 10 step skin care. The 10 step is especially done at night time.
Koreans have been able to mix innovative technology and their rich culture and traditions. Compared to your average skin care, the Korean skin care takes much longer, however the effects are astonishing. There’s even a Korean Day Skin Care Routine and a Night Version.
Just to give you a gist of it, there are ten steps that you have to do:
- When you wake up in the morning, the first thing you should do would be to wash your face. Don’t use any product during this step, just plain tap water. This will help remove the impurities that have settled on your face at night time. Also if you do a nightly skin care ritual, this will also cleanse your skin of those products as well.
- After washing your face, you are now ready for the toner. This is a quick acting liquid that helps remove excess dirt, traces of oil and make up on your skin. Not only that, it will also correct and balance the pH of your skin. This is great for acne-prone skin.
- Now that your skin is super clean, you are ready to apply some essence. If you aren’t familiar with what an essence is, this is a concentrated formula that specifically targets the wrinkles, fine lines, dull, and uneven skin tones on your face. This step isn’t really what other people would call essential. It is more like a bonus. Another benefit of this would be to add an extra layer of hydration and it is great for preparing the skin for make up.
- Ampoule time! This is a super-charged serum with higher concentrations of active ingredients. Most people use an ampoule especially if they are experiencing a skin crisis, like pimples or rashes. These usually comes in small bottles with droppers.
- Serum, serum! If you are going to apply an ampoule, it would be best to do it before a serum. Remember to let your skin absorb the products you apply first before you apply the next one. A serum is a concentrated formula that targets specific skin concerns like wrinkles, dark spots, and dehydration.
- Most people neglect the eye dream, but for Koreans it is a must. What you’ll do is to smooth a light eye cream across the brow and socket bone moving from the inner to outer corner of the eye. Be careful when putting stuff here because this is the area where the skin is most thin. There are no sebaceous glands here to product natural oil so it’s important to keep this area hydrated and protected all day long.
- Moisturizer is the next step. I am sure most of us are familiar with what a moisturizer does. This step will give you a long lasting all-day hydration.
- People never think sunscreen is important especially during the cold season, but Koreans include this as a part of their daily routine whether it is hot or cold. This product protects the skin from UV rays and will avoid or slow the development of dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines.
Another addition to that skin care routine would be to use face masks. You’ve probably seen this being worn by women, and even some men.
These face masks are special because they will be able to perfectly rest on the curves of your face. The masks have active ingredients infused in them and you will be able to see the results in just a few days. The face mask also works by making sure that these active ingredients stay in your skin, and won’t evaporate. This allows more of these good skin food to actually do something before going away.
The bad side with Korean face masks is that their effects are only on the surface. That’s why to keep the good effects going, you are going to have to apply them every now and then. Some even apply them daily.
So what do you think? Are you going to get into the Korean Skin Care? We all want that shiny, flawless “glass skin” that Asians keep raving about. Of course, it is something that has to be worked for. But don’t forget to eat healthy food and have a good nights sleep.