I am generally an anxious person. I can’t help but worry about stuff. There are nights where I can’t sleep because of anxious thoughts, but the reality is we can’t really do anything about tomorrow anyway. I’m sure we are all worried about what’s going to happen next, especially at the present state of things. Our minds may be in constant disarray, trying to figure out what to do next or what’s going to happen next. However, there is something that you can do today. These may sound simple but they will make your life simpler.
- MAKE A LIST. You’ve probably heard this before, but making a list really works. You see, writing things or tasks that you have to do organizes your mind, prevents you from being overwhelmed, and you will also be able to prioritize your tasks. This will help you avoid wasting time on unnecessary activities. You will be able to finish soon, and not to mention that satisfying feeling of checking something done on your list.
- ASSESS YOUR TIME. What do you do with your time? How long do you sleep? How many hours do you use to watch television or binge on a series? Take control of your time, and don’t let things pass you by. However, it is totally okay to rest and laze around. Feel free to do so, but it isn’t bad to have control of your time either. In fact, you can even set some time for lazing around.
- ASSESS PEOPLE YOU SPEND TIME WITH. The people you spend most of your time with will have an influence with how you think and sometimes even how you feel. Learn how to put up boundaries with toxic people. It is alright to be there for your friends to vent to, but be sure that you don’t absorb too much of what they are saying. This especially goes with those who are always complaining about things and bring bad vibes into enjoyable things.
- BE FINANCIALLY SECURE. Nothing takes worry away than knowing you’ll be alright when you unexpectedly lose a job or when an emergency comes up. We are all working hard for a comfortable and secure life. Having a grip on your finances and spending habits will put your mind at ease, and will give you that sense of control.
- LEARN TO SAY NO. The word “NO” alone is a complete sentence. You don’t need to justify anything, unless you really want to. If you are tired from work and your friend drops by to have a chat and a drink, but you aren’t really feeling it, it’s okay to say no. It’s okay to say no when someone asks to borrow money from you. It’s okay to say no to people and take care of your self.
- DECLUTTER DIGITALLY AND IN REAL LIFE. A cluttered surrounding has an effect on us. Did you notice that when your surroundings are clean and fixed, you feel lighter? It is less irritating to look around. And since we are always on our phones, let’s take some time to delete old photos, back up our files, and just get rid of those that we don’t already need. This allows you more space to use, and also you can organize your files, and easily find them in the future.
- HAVE SET GOALS. Goals are great. They give you a certain direction in life. With a goal, you can make steps on what to do next. You aren’t left floating around, and dawdling everyday. It’s great to have goals. This will also give you something to look forward to.
Have a great day! And remember to take one day at a time. Worrying about the future is fine, but don’t worry so much that it cripples your present.