Things can get a little slow staying at home and we all need a little entertainment to get us by. The thing about working from home (if you are doing that right now) is that the thin line between work or being at home which is why most of us who do, find ourselves stressed out, overwhelmed, and even depressed. Get your mind off things by sitting down on a couch, eat snacks, and just put on some shows just to get yourself to relax.
So get ready to put on a good show and have a relaxing night.
- ANNE WITH AN ‘E’
This series has a total of three seasons which you can sit and binge on. If you like period, coming of age dramas, this one is for you. The story revolves around an orphan named Anne, who was bullied in the orphanage she was in and is looking for acceptance.
- WHITE LINESIf you are looking for something in the lines of investigation, family, and mystery, you may like this one. White lines is about a woman who returns to the island of Ibiza and tries to solve what really happened with regards to her brother’s disappearance 20 years later. A Her investigation leads her through a thrilling world of dance music, super yachts, lies and cover-ups, forcing her to confront the darker sides of her own character in a place where people live life on the edge.
- THE WITCHERIf you are a gamer, you’ve probably played this game on console, so if you don’t know yet, Netflix has created a series and it is truly a masterpiece. The series revolves around Geralt, a mutated monster hunter. He struggles to find his place in the world that’s constantly proving people to be worse than the monsters he hunts. Season two is coming out later this 2020 which leaves you ample time to finish up on season one.
Plus, it’s Henry Cavill.
- DAYBREAKPost-apocalyptic zombie ridden world, a teenager searches for his lost love. Prepare your popcorns! I’m sure you’ll be enjoying this comedy drama! There’s only one season for this series though. Season two was coming out but it was cancelled.
- LOVE, DEATH, AND ROBOTSIf you are into animation, you may want to check out this one. Love, Death, and Robots is a collection of animations that revolve around fantasy, science fiction, comedy, and horror. Each episode will be easy to watch yet hard to forget.
- SHE’S GOTTA HAVE ITThis centers around a woman named Nola Darling, who is a Brooklyn-based artist struggling to divide her time among her friends, jobs, and her three lovers.
- MARVEL’S THE DEFENDERSWho doesn’t enjoy a superhero movie? We all miss the big screen, I’m sure, so let’s quench your thirst. In this series, you will see Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage who will all team up to protect New York.
- TIDYING UP WITH MARIE KONDOLooking for tips to organize your things? Let Marie Kondo help you find the joy in doing so. You will be learning a lot – from storing, folding clothes, and finding things that spark joy.
- RAISING DIONI love this one! Raising Dion follows the story of a mother who raises her son alone after her husband dies. However, the struggle becomes even harder when her son, Dion, started showing superhero abilities. Season two is coming out later this year.
- CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINAIf you are into spooky stuff, coming of age, young adult, horror stuff, then you may want to check this out. This is a much darker version of the ‘Sabrina The Teenage Witch’ that we are all familiar with. A teenage girl, Sabrina Spellman, caught in a struggle between her human nature and her witch nature… All the while trying to keep her family away from danger.
- THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
Season Two Just Got RELEASED! New Episodes for you to watch! The Umbrella Academy focuses on six special people who gets together when their adoptive father dies. They work together to solve the mystery of their father’s death, but their personalities and an upcoming apocalypse doesn’t really make it any easier to do so. Another superhero series you will enjoy!
If you know Gerard Way, he was the one who created the comics and the graphic novels for this one.
We all know Lucifer right? The fallen angel who becomes the devil? This series is about him. Lucifer gets tired and bored of hell so he materializes and owns a club in the City of Angels, Los Angeles. He meets Detective Chloe Decker and they solve crimes together.
- STRANGER THINGS
Three seasons you can binge watch! Set in 1980s Indiana, a group of young friends witness supernatural events happening right in their town, and government exploits. Get yourself ready for a series of mysteries that has to be solved.
- THE CROWN
The series is based on the life of Queen Elizabeth II, to her early reign as a queen. She ascended to the throne at the age of 25 after the death of her father, King George VI. You will enjoy the scandals, machinations, intrigues, and love lives in this inside story of what happens in Buckingham Palace and 10 Downing Street.
- SANTA CLARITA DIET
This series put life into the promise of till death do us part. Starring Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant, Santa Clarita Diet is about a husband and wife who were realtors living an okay, discontented life together until Sheila (Drew) suddenly becomes a zombie.
I love this one. It opened my eyes to always screen what I post online. You is about a man, who is very good with technology but has the tendency to become very obsessive. He uses modern day resources to lure women to fall in love with him.
That’s it for now! Hope you can sit back and enjoy the shows. We all need downtime every now and then, and that’s okay. There’s no need to be guilty. This pandemic is stressful enough for all of us. It’s okay to escape into a different world, where you are facing supernatural monsters, instead of unending work reports. Have a great day!