If you are interested in making your website big online, one thing that you should know are the do’s and don’t’s of internet marketing. What exactly do we mean when we say ‘internet marketing’? Sometimes this is called online marketing. If you are doing internet marketing, this means that you are making advertisements and promotions with the use of the Web like social media accounts or e-mails to drive direct sales via electronic commerce. Most have invested in powerful tools and methodologies to help promote their products and services. Let’s face it, there are a lot of competition online but the market is also huge. The competition is great so you have to make sure that your brand or website stands out above the rest.
Let us help you! Here are some things that you should keep in mind:
- MAKE USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA. Note that your profiles should look presentable and professional. According to a recent study, almost 63% of companies use social media. To name, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are great social media platforms that you should try out. You can reach millions of people using these. Be sure to post a link of your products in your pages and share generously.
- EXPLORE BLOGGING. Blogging is another great way to reach out to people. I must also mention the rising popularity of vloggers. Be sure to make your content or subject for discussion interesting so that you could capture the attention of a lot of people. For example, if you are selling homemade organic shampoo, you can be creative about how you advetise it.
- USE DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEDIA. Adding images, video clips, GIFs, and/or infographics are catching to a reader’s eye. You can use these media like pinning it on Pinterest or posting it with a link back to your profile.
- EMAIL MARKETING. Let people subscribe to your website. If people find your posts interesting, encourage them to subscribe to you website via e-mail. Inform them that by subscribing to your website they will be able to receive the latest updates if there’s a new post or new products. To give them a little more push to subscribe, you can give exclusive freebies or news to those who do.
- AFFLIATE MARKETING. An affliate is a person or an organization that is connected to a larger body. You can be the affliate or the “larger body”. If you are the larger body, you can take a little break and let your affliates do the marketing for you. Note that you may have to prepare a little commision for their efforts. Most big companies go for popular bloggers who seem to fit well with their product. For example, if you are selling homemade soap bars, then you may want to contact a beauty blogger compared to contacting a photo blogger since a beauty blogger is more relevant to the product that you are selling. The beauty bloggers followers would also be more interested in a homemade soap than the followers of a photo blogger. Does that make sense?
- BE GENUINE AND APPROACHABLE. People will need to establish a rapport with you before they will be able to trust your product. Talk with them and tell them how you think your product can make their lives better. Establish trust then push for a sale.
- MAKE USE OF SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION. Have you heard of SEO? With this, you should be able to drive organic traffic to websites with the use of search engines like Google Chrome. Good keyword ranking is your goal. If you want, you can take time to learn SEO thru online course. There are some for free! Or you can hire someone to take care of the SEO for you.
- CHECK OUT GOOGLE ANALYTICS. With this, you will be able to note how your campaign worked online. It’s very detailed so you won’t be missing a thing. With this, you will be able to see who visited your website or page, where and how they found your page, and how long they stayed. You can tell which of your products are the most popular ones.
- Remember that internet marketing is all about the consumer. What’s best for them and how your product can help them. Some give freebies to draw in more customers. Make sure that the customer will feel safe in giving you their money. Put a little pressure on them! Tell them that the offer will stand for a limited time only so that they make a quick decision to get your product.
- NEVER IGNORE YOUR AUDIENCE. Respond as fast as you can! Hire someone who can manage your social media accounts. Ignoring customers may make them have a negative association with your product or brand. Some might even get angry. That is not something that you want to happen.
- A TOO LONG CONTENT. An interesting content is great but not if you let it go on for too long. It might make your followers “hide” or unfollow your posts. Focus on a specific point, and then save the next point for the next post. If they liked your first post, this will also make them come back for more.
- UPDATING TOO MUCH THAT IT’S JUST YOU ON THEIR NEWSFEED. This is annoying. I understand that you want people to see your products but the line is thin between being interesting and being annoying. Be sure not to cross it.
So what do you think of the tips that we have mentioned above? Have you tried some of them? If you did, how did it work out for you? If you haven’t yet, which ones would you like to try out?
Hey, be sure to subscribe here at kendrickksuperstarryoungg for more. By doing so, you will be able to receive updates about new posts from us! If you have any suggestions on how you can promote your brand or product more, you can always leave a comment below. It would be really helpful to our readers. If you have questions, you can leave them in the comment section below too. Don’t forget to share with your friends and family! Have an awesome weekend!