Many people suffer lower back pain (including me) and this is how you should get rid of that annoying lower back pain. I know that you will agree when I say that lower back pain is very real and very annoying. Thousands – maybe even millions of people suffer from lower back pain every day. Take a look at this picture I borrowed from WebMD so we can identify where lower back pain is located. The red parts of the spinal column is usually where the pain is felt.
I’m also sure that even once or twice in your life, you have experienced lower back pain that’s why some experts consider it to be a universal human experience. Most people ignore lower back pains because it goes away then comes back again, but for those who have been suffering it for a long time, there are effective treatments that you can try out. Before we discuss the treatments though, let us first know what the possible causes of lower back pain are. You will usually be aware that something is off with your back if you feel a dull ache or a stabbing pain. Depending on the severity of the pain felt, it may make it hard for you to move or stand up straight. If your back pain lasted for more than 3 months, it is now considered as a chronic back pain.
Keep in mind that if the pain doesn’t go away in 72 hours, it is time to consult a doctor just to be safe. You should also go to a doctor if your back pain was caused by an injury or a fall, and if you have difficulty when it comes to bowel or bladder control, any leg weakness, fever, and pain while you are coughing or urinating.
Here are some common causes of lower back pain:
- YOUR POSTURE.
– Stop slouching. It may take some getting used to, but it is important that you pay attention to your posture. Your back can easily support your body if you don’t slouch. You must sit with a good lumbar support for your lower back, shoulders’ back and with your feet resting on a low stool. If you are standing, make sure that you weight is evenly distributed.
- A HERNIATED DISC
– There are gel like discs between each spine’s vertebrae (I am referring to the bone), and these discs are prone to wear and tear from aging and injuries. If something happens to these discs, it may cause pressure on your spinal nerve roots which causes pain and discomfort.
- YOUR WORK
– Your work may be hectic and may cause you to push and pull and somehow strain your back.
- YOUR BAG
– We may think that this doesn’t have any effect, but carrying a bag that alters your body weight every day can have an effect on our backs. Keep the weight even and it would be better to carry a stroller.
- YOUR WEIGHT
- INACTIVE LIFESTYLE
There are other causes but let us go to the treatment of lower back pain. Most people experience lower back pain at the age of 30, but presently that seems to be decreasing.
- If your back pain is due to muscle strain, then you can be rest assured that it will get better on it’s own. You will just need to take some time off to rest and relax. You can also use a heating pad or partake on a warm bath for a temporary pain relief.
Don’t stay too long in your bed or on rest mode thought. Doctors recommend that you return to your normal activities as soon as you can. Staying too long in bed may actually make the pain worse.
- Participate in yoga if you have the time. Yoga has a lot of benefits and relieving back pain is one of them. Here are some yoga poses that you can try that are sure to remove your back pain:
- Spinal manipulation is something I’ve always wanted to try but is a little scared to do so at the same time. Chiroprators and some osteopathic doctors use spinal manipulation to treat low back pain by applying pressure with their hands to bones and surrounding tissues. However, you should consult with your doctor first. It’s not for everyone.
- Go and relax at a spa. Get a full body massage or a back massage.
- Acupuncture! This is also something I’ve been wanting to try but is too chicken to do so.
- Lastly, medications. I don’t want you to be dependent on medications so you can make this your last option.
Hopefully this article has been helpful to you, if you want more feel free to browse around the website and don’t forget to subscribe here at Kendrickk Superstarr Youngg for more helpful and informative articles! Got a question? Drop a comment below! Have a great day!